A simple PHP script that offers easy to install, secure website password protection for any kind of server. Offers quite a few optional features, like logging incorrect login attempts, brute force protection etc, but still remains very simple to implement.
PHP Password Features:
- Session based password – no need to re-enter
- Can protect multiple files
- Can use multiple passwords
- Optionally emails on incorrect password
- Optionally writes to log file on incorrect password
- User definable hammering protection
- Optional session timeout
To use the demos, go to demo2, you’ll be asked for a password, now close that window, go to demo1, enter the password ‘default’, you’ll see the protected file, now close it and go back to demo2 – because you entered the password, demo2 now lets you in.
If you like this script, please vote for it on hotscripts.net